Monday, July 03, 2006

Bill Bailey - the bearded one...

If you haven't heard of Bill Bailey yet, I surely envy you. Because you've got so much to look forward to. He is a remarkable comedian with both stage acts including music, and who can forget - his "Manny" caracter in Black Books! Anywho, here are som BB quotes. The New York show in mp3's. More audio bits. And even more, from his Bewilderness CD. A video clip with BB and BB(Billy Bragg) doing Unisex Chip Shop at Glastonbury (good one!). And this "Chaucer Pubbe Gagge (YouTube)

A little lyric snippet - on the increased "whiny, self pitying" sound of American rock:

###
You pick me up from school
Attend all my sporting functions
Bought me a car
Gave me use of a credit card
But how can I feel pain?
How can I feel pain?
How can I feel pain
When you're being so supportive
###

No comments: